Austere Equipment List for Crossfit
For those of you that are at a FOB and want to start a crossfit program, or your unit just not have the funds or resources to finance a program back home, here is a list of equipment that may be readily available to you.
The equipment listed below was in a 2010 study of crossfit conducted by the Command and General Staff College. This is by no means a complete list, but it should help to get your wheels turning and give you some ideas of similar items to look for and utilize.
- 10 ea Ammunition Cans, 7.62 mm filled with Sand (20 lbs)
- 10 ea Ammunition Cans, 5.56 mm filled with Sand (30 lbs)
- 10 ea Ammunition Cans, .50 Caliber filled with Sand (50 lbs)
- 10 ea Ammunition Cans, 25mm filled with Sand (70 lbs)
- 10 ea 5-gal Jerry Cans, filled with water (45 lbs)
- 30 ea Sandbags, filled with Sand (50 lbs)
- 4 ea 5-ton/MTV truck tires with rims (350 lbs)
- 10 ea medicine balls (soccer balls filled with sand and sealed with duct tape)
- Pull-up bars (battalion mechanics/welders can construct)
- 10 ea Plyometric Boxes – 24-in
- 20 ea Jump Ropes