Make Your Own Plyo Box with Slanted Sides
Interested in making your own plyo box? Don’t set out and try to make one on your own without checking out the information in a free Crossfit Journal Article from crossfit.com. Full instructions are available in this PDF document, but if you want to start getting the materials the list of what you will need is below. You are probably going to look at the list and think “cardboard? What do I need that for?”. Well, they highly recommend that you make a mock-up of the plyo box prior to actually cutting the wood and putting it all together.
- 5 sheets of 24” x 20” cardboard
- Packing tape
- 4’ x 8’ x 3/4” maple, oak, or birch plywood, 1.5 sheets per two large 20” boxes (Skimping with cheap or thinner plywood is not worth the savings. And don’t even think about using particle board.)
- 18” x 18” rubber mats, one per plyo box
- (try the local feed & grain supply store)
- 1-1/4” drywall screws, 40 per plyo box
- Wood glue
- Contact cement, 1 pint
- Base paint (primer paint for use on wood)
- Semi-gloss colored paint
- Semi-gloss polyurethane varnish
In case you missed it, the link to the easy to follow instructions instructions is right here.